1.Ladies next time you experience that magnetic pull towards some fabulously over priced shoes, remember the other 24 pairs you have waiting at home in the crevices of your wardrobe gathering dust! We Females spend the most money on shoes and bags. I'm probably going to get a serious amount of abuse for writing this but you know I'm right!!
2.Buy in bulk when it comes to things like pasta, rice, even bread because you can buy a full pan and freeze the other half. Also vegetable’s etc. One tip is to buy carrots, mushrooms and whatever else you want. Chop them up for stir fry's. You can then put them in freezer bags for later use (in the freezer obviously, bit self explanatory really!). Also buy chicken fillets in family packs, separate them as needed and freeze them.
3. Bring your own lunch to work. If your making dinner the night before simply make a bit extra. Bring it with you to work or freeze it for next time. In the long run it will be much healthier, cheaper and most likely lower in fat than anything you’d be able to buy.
4. You may have noticed that most stores have sales every 3 months so try and wait till then to go shopping. I know its a struggle but all good things come to those who wait.
5. If you see necessities (shampoos, shower gel) on sale buy them even if you don't need them yet bc you will need them soon enough (within reason off-course because you don’t need fifteen bottles of shampoo unless your Worzel Gummidge that is).
6. Taxis - try and haggle with them before you get in if possible. You can go to a few different taxis and ask them to bring you home for a set price. I have spent many a moment haggling with some poor taxi driver only to find myself at home 20 mins later for nearly half the price. If you think about it, its better to have a fair than no fair!!
7. Petrol - if you see it at a bargain price fill the tank rather than just putting in a score as you will save a lot in the long run.
9. Alcohol - Dont buy drinks in nite clubs if you can help it as they charge you 40% extra and you are, most likely if your like me, already drunk by that point. If you really want something to hold, get a glass of water with a slice of lemon and no-one will ever know the difference!
10. Turn off lights when you leave the room as it all adds up. You'd be suprised how much you save on your bill every month by doing this! Also consider changing your tariff with ESB as you might be on the wrong one.
11. If you see something you really like in a shop, wait have a look in other shops such as new look and AWear who make it their business to copy the designers. You'll probably find something nearly the same for half the price!
12. Lattes, coffees, 7 ups all add up so if your out and about try to cut down on these because over a week you could spend nearly 40 euro! A month €160 and a year you could be spending up to €2000!! You’d save on teeth whitening too!
13. Cigarettes - Get them abroad and hide them so you dnt smoke them all. Oh and dont give them to ann marie ;) lol
14. If your really broke and want to go out have the girls over, drink in your house and then go to the nightclub! You’'l be able to hear yourself much better than in a crowded pub plus no drunken men falling all over ya!
15. Buy books in second hand shops. You only read them once anyway.
16. Buy your x-mas cards, wrapping paper and other Christmas paraphernalia in the January sales for next year, you’ll save a fortune and might get some really nice stuff that you wouldn't have been able to afford before and for an amazing price!!
17. Now this is a good one! If you see something your mad about, try it on, see if it’s cheaper online and order it from there. You could save a substantial amount!A lot of websites have free delivery and returns.